Recent Studies Funded
Recent Studies funded by American SIDS Institute
- William A. Coetzee, DSc, Dept. Pediatrics, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY. Title: Genetic variation in the TRPM4 ion channel gene as a cause of SIDS
- Csaba Galambos, MD, PhD, Department of Pathology, University School of Medicine of Colorado & Children’s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO. Title: Recruitment of intrapulmonary bronchopulmonary anastomoses as a novel mechanism for sudden unexpected infant death
- Trina C. Salm Ward, PhD, MSW, Dept. of Social Work, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Title: Ecologically Tailored Safe Sleep Coaching Intervention for African American Caregivers
- Robin Haynes, PhD, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital, MA. Title: Newborn Blood Serotonin as a Biomarker for SIDS Risk: A Pilot Study
- Jeffery Erickson, PhD, Biology Department, The College of New Jersey. Title: Effects of developmental nicotine exposure on cardiorespiratory control in serotonin-deficient neonatal mice
- Rebecca Carlin, MD, Pediatrics, George Washington University School of Medicine. Title: Social Media Groups and Infant Care Practices: Can Facebook make Infants Safer?